“ Cérélia wants to take action and get involved in the emergence of a society that cares for future generations. ”
ROADMAP 2017 – 2025
Already heavily committed to Sustainable Development, Cérélia is taking a step forward by transforming ambition into concrete policy. To achieve this, we have developed a Sustainable Development Roadmap for the coming years. This roadmap is based on the conviction that sustainable development can only succeed when equal attention is given to environmental, economic and social issues.
Hinging on these 3 issues, we have structured the Roadmap around 4 priority action areas with 13 commitments.
AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION AND NATURAL RESOURCES
- Produce high-quality cereals and oil seed and promote responsible and sustainable farming methods in tandem with farmers
- Reduce, sort and recover waste
- Improve methods to limit the use of non-renewable resources
- Develop a sustainable and integrated water management policy
Innovate to develop our activities and contribute to the improvement of the economic and environmental performance of our partners
- Improve the carbon footprint of our facilities
- Increase the levels of satisfaction and trust of our customers
- Optimise product design and manufacturing to aim for greater industrial efficiency that incorporates sustainable development criteria. Packaging is one of the areas to be improved. Meeting the expectations of consumers with regard to well-being and health is another area
Foster talent among our employees, so that they become the actors of change
- Take action to ensure workplace safety
- Invest in the professional development of our employees
- Strengthen employee commitment and improve quality of life in the workplace
Contribute to a responsible, sustainable and participative economy
- Improve the corporate environment by listening to employees and seeking to make continuous progress
- Set up a governance model that allows for sharing and transparency
- Undertake ongoing discussions with our stakeholders
Important CSR steps have already been taken. In the choice of sourcing palm oil, for example. We have signed up to become a member of the Alliance for Sustainable Palm Oil www.huiledepalmedurable.org and a member of the RSPO (Roundtable of Sustainable Palm Oil) http://www.rspo.org/. We participate in the debate, but that is not all. We also take concrete action.
Cérélia has founded Earth & People, an endowment fund that takes action in south-west Ivory Coast. Earth & People and its local partners have made a commitment to support a sustainable palm oil programme in order to:
- Help to develop the sustainable palm oil industry in Ivory Coast by improving plantation yields
- Protect the environment
- Improve living conditions for communities and producers, who rely on the oil palm
In the farming area around Néka, a village of small palm oil farmers, the Earth & People endowment fund has taken action to make palm oil farming sustainable.