“ Cérélia wants to act and take part in the emergence of a society that cares for future generations. ”
ROADMAP 2017 – 2025
Already heavily committed to Sustainable Development, Cérélia is taking a next step forward by transforming ambitions into a concrete policy to bring our ambitions into practice. For this we developed a Sustainable Development Roadmap for the coming years. This roadmap is based on the conviction, that sustainable development can only succeed when there is a well-balanced attention for the environmental, economical and social aspects.
Based on these 3 pillars we structured the Roadmap around 4 priority action areas with 13 commitments.
AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION AND NATURAL RESOURCES
- Produce high-quality cereals and oil seeds, and promote responsible and sustainable farming methods, together with farmers
- Reduce, sort and recover waste products
- Improve methods to limit the use of non-renewable resources
- Develop a sustainable and integrated water management policy
INNOVATE TO DEVELOP OUR ACTIVITIES, CONTRIBUTE TO THE IMPROVEMENT OF ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE OF OUR PARTNERS
- Improve the carbon footprint of our facilities
- Increase the levels of satisfaction and trust of our customers
- Optimise product design and manufacturing to aim for greater industrial efficiency that incorporates sustainable development criteria. Packaging is one of the areas to be improved. Through healthier products and diets, meet the expectations of consumers with regard to well-being and health, is another areas.
FOSTER TALENT AMONG OUR EMPLOYEES, SO THAT THEY BECOME ACTORS OF CHANGE
- Take action to ensure workplace safety
- Invest in the professional development of our employees
- Strengthen employee commitment and improve the quality of life in the workplace
CONTRIBUTE TO A RESPONSIBLE, SUSTAINABLE AND PARTICIPATIVE ECONOMY
- Improve the corporate environment by listening to employees and seeking to make continuous progress
- Set up a governance model that allows for sharing and transparency
- Exchange with our stakeholders
Cérélia founded Earth & People, endowment fund. It helps develop projects that promote the interest in the area of Sustainable Development , identified by the manufacturing sites of the Cerelia group or the stakeholders of the group. Earth & People will also take action in favour of the procurement sources of the raw materials, so as to help protect the environment and the living conditions of local communities.
In the priority action area ‘agricultural production and natural resources’ important steps have already been taken. For example in the way we deal with palm oil. We have signed to be a member of the Alliance for Sustainable Palm Oil www.huiledepalmedurable.org and a member of the RSPO (Roundtable of Sustainable Palm oil) http://www.rspo.org/. We are participating in the debate, but that is not everything, we also do something concrete.
Cérélia founded Earth & People. Earth & People and its local partners are committed to supporting a sustainable palm oil program :
- supporting the development of the Ivorian sustainable palm oil industry by improving plantation yields without resorting to deforestation
- protect the environment
- improve living conditions for communities and producers, who rely on the oil palm.